Monday, September 15, 2008

Choices

A warm caress and hoping glee
For all the world's amusing riches
For everything my mind's eye reaches.
Hole in a pocket so my soul slips free
Into the abyss of sun's glaring eye
Into the recess of sky's soothing lies.
From torn rags of this world I flee
Not fast enough to break the wall of light
Not strong enough to show a will to fight.
I spin and land
On shaking, reaching hand
A silver speck of chance
A hope for dreams is in my dance
I land to wipe the promising appeal
With vomiting anxiety of spinning that I feel
With loss, betrayal, anger, jealousy and hate
A silver round coin seals your fate
Its blurring jaunt is life,
But when its stops you can't survive
It's last rotation is a choice
To give it life again,
To hope for glory in its voice.
Or let it slip into caressing dust
And rest your tired frame at last
Besides its final call.
We spin, but tired we all fall.
We hope, but daunting time us pulls
In shadows, where we dance and hide like fools
On gallows where we hang and smile with contempt
At passing chance with every tiring attempt
But while the strength remains
In shaking, restless, outstretched embrace
Of curled, spasmodic fingers
Our hope for luck still lingers.
We spin our fates - tails over heads
How come last choice is always end up dead?

No comments: