Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Let go

I am letting go of you
As sun lets go of a day at dusk
As night relinguishes starlight at dawn.
I am putting on a mask
A smile of ignorance carved in stone.
But fake and blinding pinkish hue
Of dreams still come to me.
They peel off from my mind
Like leper's skin.
I try to make it right
But all I get is crooked grin.
The pain I am supposed to feel
Is but a dull and nagging whisper
And even that I cannot hear.
Rewinding life like movie reel
Consumed and suffocated by its twisting
I shed gray hair and not a single tear.
The film is broken and I am out of tape
A tearing mouthful of sharpened teeth
A gap that I cannot bear to cross.
I am out of breath and still to late
When into your disappearing back I breathe
The words that sound all too false.
You have let go of me
Like sun that leaves us in the dark
Like night relieved by blinding light.
You have let go without a start
And left all memories behind
While I am still trying to break free!

No comments: