I look up high into the night
And ponder life, its absence.
I disagree with its forboding right
To end without a pronounced sentence.
I dream of an eternal state
A presence spread across all time
But I end up with an estate
That's worth a little more than dime.
I cry and scream and claw my face
In rage, in fear and sorrow
I am afraid of unknown space
And so way deep I burrow.
I crave for righteous pretense
But none gets rendered to me
My body cringes as I tense
And understand this all too lucid.
My dreams, my loves, my hates,
The ethereal center placement,
They laugh at me as I embrace
The nakedness of my own ending.
I die and freed my soul flees
Away to dark and endless sky
The weighless and entrancing glee
As high above the world I fly.
And then I fall, and then wake up
To find myself just staring
At cracked and torn, but still intact
And tired face I am wearing.
I wink, I close my eyes and feel
The wind that's still within me
And then I get back to the real,
A life that I create for thee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment