Friday, November 14, 2008

Hopes

Derived from matter
Life's perpetrator,
Facilitator of hope
Of ropes, of wishes, slippery slope.
In the eyes of the latter
The smoke of feather,
The light in the blind eye
Together, no matter,
Disguised as I die
Ripped by a tether.
Sharp as a knife,
Pointed like nail.
Before was a life
Today just wholesale
Pain and illusion
Full of delusions
Despite disillusions
I am full of confusion.
When I crave for the end
To the picturesque dance
Of the future that stands
Always miles from my hands.
Reaching and missing,
Adoring and seething
In anger, betrayal.
I want to be fair,
Open. I glare
But nothing prepares
For ironic details.
I whisper my prayers,
I finish my tales.
I stand, and I frown
As I hopelessly drown
Complex,
Disillusioned,
Unfair,
Confused,
With hopes and contusions.
On fire, I burn till the last of my ashes
Are fused.
And when it all clashes
Together,
I smile.
I gather
My thoughts
I dream of the hopes
And when they come to
I grow through the future
To help them come true.

No comments: