Saturday, November 28, 2020

Like it used to be

 Like it used to be

When it was ok

With our faults and glee

To the wind we all sway

To the rules we all bow

So small and so frail

All sharp teeth and a growl

In the hands of the hail

Derail,

Prevail,

Endure

A caricature 

I demure

You observe 

It’s a lure, and we serve 

Your smiles

Your bile

Your beliefs 

But our guile

Will best your desires

And the chains will dissolve

When this world we will solve

Like a puzzle of fate

And we hope that the hate

Will ebb and abate

With it’s burns

We are blind 

In our bones

We won’t find

The resolve to survive 

To fight for this life

Until we are free

From it’s ruthless grip

From your decree

From the leash and the clip

Until it’s ok again

To love and just be

To be loved, to be me

But it rains

And it’s gray

And it’s still 

I can’t feel

I won’t lie

There was the edge there

And now I just fly

When I try to defy

The gravity of your fake cries

In the face of the unfair 

In the eyes of the blind

Like it used to be,

Nowhere for me to find.

No comments: