Thursday, April 8, 2021

Let me hear you

 Let me hear your heart sing

The joy and sunshine that it brings

To my demise

With heavy drops of acid washed sunrise

The foot falls of another darker age

When agony is all the latest rage

Where atrophy is purest status quo

To you and everyone in tow I will say - “No more!”

A message lost on waves of bile and hate

A man, a woman, someone seeking to relate

Amongst the colorblind exceptions, broken us

In pieces of dividing, armored glass

I see reflection of your inner song 

And watch your lost perfection far too long

I hear your heart, it ain’t my beat

In silence, face down at your feet

I beg for silence, drool and spit

But all I get is modicum of useless grit

A whisper of regret, and melody of you

I asked to hear your heart, and now I do!

No comments: