I saw you in the empty street
When sunshine lit your face with smile
Within a burdened city crying in its sleep
A troubled soul that seeks exile
I simply touched your face and left
Like summer wind, like whisper, light
Concealed the brightness of your soul, like theft
And disappeared in to the endless night
In darkest corner of my mind I watch it burn
The shining softness of its good intent
An empty vessel for its content yearns
But light is wasted and all life is spent
Dimensional confusion of the hollow space
I try to fill with sorrowful farewell
I saw you in this dark and dusty place
And your deprived existence I can smell
The fire dies but ash still glows bloody red
The time runs out and your soul is lost
You saw me see you lying on the bed
A broken and tormented hollow ghost
I loose my grip on icy alabaster hand
The golden euphoria that results in death
You were bereft of freedom, now free you stand
My callous magic ends with your last breath
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment