Friday, January 25, 2008

Unwanted

Your mistakes I have to withdraw
From my past covered in burns
A little child forgotten and lost
Among the millions of other ghosts
One fragile life you’ve sacrificed
For selfish pride and instinct to survive
The tragedy of uncontrolled lust
And comedy of that short task
Performed and forgotten, but I still live
With the pain I did not want to receive
With the sorrow and fear in my dreams
Within the acrid smoke of hate and screams
Why did I have to see the light?
Fall in love with it, so bright
Who decided my fate for me?
When I’ll come for you, better flee!
When I’ll put my shackles around your neck,
When this world for you will go black
I won’t laugh as my genes tell me not
Worst of sorrows - you I have loved
Worst of all is the enveloping hate
For an unwanted, worthless whelp
For the mistake of being born
We pay as we carry on
Take a look at us one last time
Maybe someday your love could be mine…

No comments: