Saturday, August 16, 2025

Choices

 One day the door will open

The overwhelming feeling

The intuition stirring 

Gears and cogs all whirring 

To help you see this world is broken


One night the edge comes near

The fear of heights all absent 

The life so torn and spent

Amongst the averages, bent

The lust for freedom oh so dear


One weekend, empty chair

A window open into stale night

Attempts with all your might

A broken shadow, last knight

Forgotten in the ocean of despair 


Last year, your forgotten warmth

Last month, your disappearing face

Last day, the memories of you I chase

Last minute, tears and grace

Another second, so alone and lost


The other day the door was open

Now I’m just numb, no longer feeling 

Just dumb, no longer seeing

Just lost, still whirring 

So slightly stirring, because I am broken

Fuck all of you,

I think,

I leave it all unspoken…

No comments: