Saturday, August 16, 2025

Escape

 I need to evade the fate

It is nigh too early

It is way too late

For words still unspoken and uttered

For curses behind sharp teeth, muttered

I need to slow down and think

Just one second, a spark, smallest wink

But life drowns me with its endless pain

Of losses, of strife, nothing gained

Like a comet it catches my thoughts

And like a meteor it will end this world

Like a paper cut or a torn limb

It leaves me crippled, frail and limp

So much is unspoken, so much unsaid

So many souls left ignored and dead

The words linger behind my blank eyes

What escapes my lips are pure nonsense and lies

What escapes from my chest is rage

Bloodless and cold, sweet revenge

Nails, my claws at my side, 

My back to the wall as I ride

Last moments of freedom, of self

I plunge into depth as I delve

Into agony of my mind

Repaying for mistakes made in kind

I tired to evade the future

I tried to bend the past

I was but a hapless vulture

Seeking failure, hoping to last

Instead I eroded my soul

Instead I became a lie

And now I am lost and foul

Undeserving of peace, cursed to stay alive. 

No comments: