Saturday, August 16, 2025

My son

 My son and I we are one

Me and my son

Our bond won't be broken

We'll never be done

Entwined, pushing and pulling

Me and my son

The oath of support

And framework of trust

From angry retort

To the wheezing of breath, my last

From the end of the world

From the depth, from the cold

To the start, to the limit and more

Me and my son we are whole

My son I bequeath this oath

My son unto you I place hope

The words that I swore, put forth

Your future, your freedom, elope!

My son, we were one

And now that I am spent,

And now that I am done 

Stand tall, don't repent

For even beyond gray demise

I'll stand right beside you

My bond, and my oath stronger thrice

Don't fret, don't forget, it is true

We are one,

You and I, 

My son!

No comments: