Saturday, August 16, 2025

Together

 I learn enough by staring at my soul

Reflections and refractions

Plans and pledges gone afoul

Remembrance and actions

That I could not have foretold

I learn that I am still learning 

Staring deep into the endless cold

Through fire of the yearning 


You fight yourself each awful step

While stuck on the conveyor belt of hope

Inaction, broken path, inept 

The soap prepared for that trusty rope

The life that is so broken and bereft

You walk the path to keep on walking 

Imagining the life, the choices left

Through mindless, bullshit talking 


We reinvent ourselves, again

Through mirrors and the broken glass

We reimagine thoughts of pain

That left acidic choices on our path

We hold our hands tight, so in vain

And cling within embraces, only us

Forgetting for a second, washed away by rain

Through endless drama, all the fuss…


Their silhouette is shadows and light 

Their memories are sparks in endless night

The bliss and warmth of being close

It dissipates as soon as it arose

I am left awake, I am still alone

You are so far, the “us” is gone

Pitch black, the night descends

A hooded figure at our backs

This never ends…

No comments: