Saturday, August 16, 2025

You see me

 You see me shallow and crass

An asshole, callous, steel and rust

You shine the light on my decline

On soulless, dull existence, mine

But I am what I have to be

What world has asked of me

The stone, the cracked cement

The bile, putrid excrement 

I stand, a wall of raw intent 

And barely myself I comprehend

You see a rock, I feel like sand

You sense no feelings, while I end

Perpetually, painfully - a ghost.

I am strange, I am broken, lost.

You see me as a foe, a blemish, thorn

I stand above you, my shield worn

The back is torn, seen better days

Against the wall, despite dismay

You see me cold, uncaring, vain

While minute by damn minute, stained

I drown myself in doubt and in shame

You see past me, blaming me for pain

But there I stand, still holding, I remain

You see what I've become 

The razor's edge and loaded gun

The steel, the bridge, the cutting blade

And yet you see me not for what I am But how I was made...

No comments: