Saturday, August 16, 2025

End I did not want

 I crave, I yearn, but not the truth

Of best excuses I am most creative sleuth

Of best loopholes that lead to noth but hell

I've been there excruciatingly, should I tell?

Do you allow me to speak the truth?

Can I expunge myself, from

nail and to tooth?

My words are nails on the chalkboard, stark!

I speak but almost all the eyes are dark

And ears are blind to my intent

I speak, I do not comprehend

The crowd, askance, seeking bliss

Where empathy and love are but amiss

Where insecurity and fear rule all

Where mediocrity prevails, this is the end's last toll

I strive, I ask but nothing comes avail

You think we'll all eventually prevail

But truth is that the entropy takes stock

And emptiness is on the list, and at the dock

And mundane breaks creative stride

I used to think, I used to feel the pride

And now I yearn and crave and mostly cry

As time moves on, encouraging and blind

To struggles of a simpleton,

While end is nigh. 

No comments: