Saturday, August 16, 2025

Monsters

 Their claws, sharp razor edged intent

I look on trying hard to comprehend

Why, so surrounded, so full of fear

These monsters out of woodwork come so near

Their foul breath of needs and wants

Wanton expressions, acid laughs and taunts

Their stark emotional abuse

So callous, bland, obtuse

My eyes are open to their ploys

I am neither weak nor am I coy

I stand amongst the masses of bad deeds

Knee deep in mediocrity and greed

Waist high in suffocating lies, delusions

So sober, tired, angry, disillusioned

And yet again palm forms a fist

And one more time I bare my teeth

Another step, another breath

Towards these monsters, with no fear  or stealth

Towards another bloody, broken back

I raise my hands, primed to attack

I see the monsters, they see me

Their human faces...

Come and fucking get me!

No comments: