Saturday, August 16, 2025

Control

 In control, 

A keyboard or a gun

A knife or joystick 

A life or be forever sick


Every morning 

Behind these tired eyes

Lurk crystal shards of lies

In mourning


In forgotten sleepless nights

In sweat drenched fears

He stands, he fights

While this world stirs


The slumber,

Asunder

The pain,

So strained


She’s broken, 

He’s lost

All of us - forgotten 

All of us - ghosts


Out of control

No logic, just a gun

No jokes, just blade

They have forbade

You can escape


But you just stand

You look and growl

All rage and fists

All stares, 

Just before you drown 


Just then - a turn

World cracks

We burn

We stand with you

The cinders past our backs

Not in control,

Just pure, and simply true!

We all hold on to you!


Lost all control,

Lost all my guns, 

Broke all my knifes

I’m out of all the stupid puns

I spread my broken wings

Without control, I fall

An upside down sky, receive my soul!


No comments: